‘Smart Salem’, Dubai Health Authority’s (DHA) first Artificial Intelligence (AI) autonomous medical fitness centre, was inaugurated on Thursday by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council.
The new centre provides medical fitness and occupational screening services using AI and IoT to reduce the time of completion to 30 minutes and eliminates any errors. This helps the centre to complete medical fitness processes, quickly and with limited human intervention.
‘Smart Salem’, in its first phase, will target VIPs, investors and holders of the golden residency visa. The centre can cater to about 150 customers per day.
The time it takes residents to register, undergo medical exams and issue residencies will be reducted from 28 hours to only 30 minutes with the new centre’s capabilities.
Here is how the instant UAE visa medical centre works:
- Customers will be able to give their car to the smart VIP valet service, where their facial features and plate number will be identified and can be recalled when their journey is completed anonymously. Once entered, a robot will greet and direct them to a screen for self-registration and Iris print.
- A first-of-its-kind personalised Smart Q-system then guides the customers and calls them by their name to direct them to the blood withdrawal booths. These booths have transparent smart glass doors which get tinted electronically as soon as the customer walks in to maintain privacy.
- An electronic device is then used by the nurse to locate the vein for occupational health to withdraw the blood painlessly for fitness tests.
- The blood samples are then handed by the nurse, along with the passport, to the robot. It then transfers the blood samples to the lab and passport to GDRFA officer. The patient is then taken to the x-ray room.
- An innovative Smart Wash technology is availed for customers to wash hands after the tests. This technology helps to reduce water wastage by 90 percentage.
- The results are simultaneously sent to the concerned parties in a secure way. Customers can make payments via smart channels like Apple pay, Samsung pay, mPay and ePay.
- Customers can take a seat in the waiting area while their documents get ready. They can have refreshments and light snacks presented by the vending robot in the waiting area, or order other items on the smart tables to get it delivered by a catering robot.
- The customers facial and iris recognition procedures are done at every step of the journey to eliminate errors and provide a hassle-free experience.
- All the effort put into bringing this technology has enabled them to reduce the customer’s journey within 30 minutes. This includes stamping of the visa. This ensures an entertaining and quick experience for the customer.
- The paperless service requires no data entry and therefore has no errors in the first autonomous government service which was launched in line with the UAE leadership’s vision of using AI in service the public to attain maximum customer satisfaction.