Have you ever dreamt of having a galactic experience of living on the Moon? Dubai, the city of wonders, is going to make your dream come true but from the Earth itself.
No need to take a rocket to the Moon anymore, just fly to Dubai. A new gigantic Moon-themed resort is set to open down the years making dreams of space tourism more affordable and accessible in the UAE. For those unable to travel to actual space, Resort Moon will be an entirely authentic cosmic experience that millions of astronomy-loving enthusiasts on the planet have been longing for.
Dubai has always been at the forefront of rolling out awe-inspiring mega structures that’ve amazed the world — Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Dubai Frame, Museum of the Future and more and this time again the city’s fascination with the Moon will attract the world’s curiosity in the tourism sector in the form of a Moon-resembling resort. Thanks to this mega-development in the pipeline, residents can have an exciting celestial experience from the Earth itself.
The resort is being designed by Canadian architectural firm, Moon World Resorts Inc., co-founded by Sandra G. Mathews and Michael R. Henderson. When this project takes its final shape, it will be another feather in Dubai’s cap and the world will soon get a glimpse of Dubai’s preoccupation with space and design. The resort is expected to take 48 months to complete and is estimated to attract around 3 million tourists annually to experience space tourism on the ground.
Here are some interesting aspects of this celestial glamour of an already stunning city that are sure to blow your mind.
- Dubai is spending $5 billion on this Moon resembling resort set to be 735 feet tall (224 meters) with a 2,042-foot circumference and spread across a land area of 10 acres. The resorts would offer 300 boutique residential sky villas for sale. Each will be around 2,000 square feet and present a lifetime membership to the Moon.
- The colossal sphere is a 360-degree recreation of the Moon’s surface with realistic-looking craters and texture that’ll truly give a space-like feel. The resort will offer space-themed attractions at the structure’s centre ‘Lunar Colony’ a celestial simulation where visitors get a 90-minute surreal experience of walking along the Moon’s surface.
- There will also be hop-on-hop-off rover taxis available for visitors exploring the Colony. Additionally, a hyper-speed shuttle will be launched to ferry visitors around. Further details are yet to be revealed.
- The hyper-realistic spherical orb will include around 4000 suites fitted with electric windows that will let guests envision life in space.
- Underneath the Moon is a three-storey circular podium housing a plethora of restaurants and a vibrant nightlife entertainment venue.
- Casinos, entertainment clubs, spa wellness centres, promenades, lounges, an amphitheatre, a lineup of eateries and a luxurious beach terrace will embellish the magnificent structure.
This signature attraction is supposed to be one of the most prominent modernized tourism projects in the entire MENA region, doubling Dubai’s tourism numbers and boosting its economy with an estimated $2 billion income per annum.
Excited and eager to get a lifetime opportunity to walk on the lunar surface? When the Moon Dubai project completes wait no further to get your out-of-the-world excursion and tick this off your bucket list of wishes.