With the moving day fast approaching you would be filled with the excitement of moving home to a new neighborhood. During this hurried process, it is possible that you may skip some important steps. Home relocation comes with uncertainties and you need to plan ahead of time to avoid forgetting crucial tasks. If left unchecked this may add up to your worry only to regret later.
However, if you chart out a plan and follow basic tips, you will be amazed how easy the process can be.
We have listed down a few relocation tips for ensuring you do not miss anything and have a pleasant move.
- If you are packing by yourself, ensure that you use good quality packing supplies and cartons. Ensure the boxes are properly labelled or coded so that you do not spend time searching among heaps of boxes. Kindly visit our e-store to begin the packing with high-quality packing supplies.
- Make a list of every item that you have packed, so that you can keep track of them when unpacking. Listing your stuff can also help you decide which to carry, dispose or donate.
- Carry along all emergency items like medications, extra pair of clothing, hygiene items, toiletries, snacks, drinks and baby foods (if kids are involved) which you would require on a priority basis. Identify in advance such items and pack your box of essentials for the day of the move and the day after.
- We advise you to carry your valuables such as jewellery and cash with yourself in a secure package. The risk or loss or misplacement can be prevented this way.
- Neatly organize important documents such as educational certificates and medical records in a tamper-proof file to be carried along with you or packed in one of your boxes.
- Make sure that all the cabinets and drawers of your wardrobes are unlocked before the crew commences their packing job. Empty your kitchen cabinets of any perishable and smelly food items.
- Settle your dues with the old landlord and get your deposit refunded before moving. Inform the date of moving and ensure the required permissions for parking of moving vehicles are obtained before the packing crew arrives.
- Inform neighbors about the arrival of moving trucks and if they need to make alternative arrangements for their parking.
- On the day of the move, make sure your representative is present at the site to assist the moving supervisor to take relevant on-site decisions. This would expedite the process and save repetition of work.
- Hand over the keys of the new location to the supervisor before the first moving vehicle departs to the new location.
- Apply for new connections of Etisalat and DEWA in your new residence. Subsequently, work on getting your utilities connected (washing machine, dishwasher, fridge).
With professional movers and packers hired for the home shifting process, there is no reason to worry as they have the expertise and experience to handle the nitty-gritties of relocation and would ensure a stress-free moving experience.
E-Movers is a professional moving company in the UAE since 2003 with a track record of 95000+ moves. Get in touch with us on 800 EMOVERS (800 366 8377) as soon you confirm your month of shifting. You can also utilize our moving checklist to prepare you for the move and ensure that nothing goes unnoticed. We also offer a host of moving services such as furniture installation, handyman services and storage services.