Plants make your living space lively and green, and become an integral part of your house. While relocating, it would be hard on you to leave behind your loving plants. Moving them from one place to another requires special care just like your fragile items. You need to hire an experienced moving company to professionally shift your plants to the new destination without any hassles.
We have put together guidelines to help your plants sustain the pressures of relocation and acclimatize to the new environment after moving.
- Plants being living things require special attention especially during a long-distance move. Extreme temperatures and lack of fresh air during transit can suffocate and wither away your plants. Hence, they need to be transported in a temperature-controlled environment such as air-conditioned vehicles.
- Repot large plants from clay pots into unbreakable plastic containers to avoid damages to pots during jerky movements in the vehicle. Kindly note changing pots can be detrimental to some plants and you can always consult a nursery expert before you repot.
Prune larger plants for better packing and to promote fresh growth in the new premise. Some plants such as succulents (cactus and ferns) need careful pruning.
- If you can’t take your heavily rooted trees along, consider carrying their cuttings. Simply wrap the cuttings in wet moss and newspaper and place them in unsealed bags. Insert the bags in a carton and fill in some light packing material. The cuttings can survive several days of travel and be ready to root in your new home.
- Punch air holes in the sides of the cartons or boxes to allow your plants to breathe.
- Weed off any insects or parasites from your plants before packing them.
- On the moving day, pack your plants in the morning or the night before. Water them minimally as over watering can breed fungus growth during transit.
- Immediately upon reaching the new home, remove the packing materials and immediately sprinkle some water on the plants.
- Remove them carefully from the box to avoid breaking the branches.
- Replant and shower them with water, plant food and periods of sunlight until they acclimatize to their new surroundings.
These tips will certainly keep your plants healthy during the move. With proper attention and care your plants will flourish in their new home and you can settle in easily to admire and enjoy the greenery around.
E-Movers, experienced and reputed international movers in UAE, understand the gardening efforts you have put in to grow your botanicals. Our team of home movers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai exercise full caution while transporting your green life to your new abode. We also supply packing materials specially designed for your plants and other fragile items. Your plants would be carefully loaded in an air-conditioned vehicle and strapped securely to ensure a damage-free move.
Get in touch with our expert movers and packers in Abu Dhabi/Dubai on 800 EMOVERS (800 366 8377) to avail quality moving services whenever you finalize your next home move.