Moving to a new house is very stressful for everyone, but with a little planning and consideration, the moving does not have to be difficult for you, even on your pets, which are not big fans of change of place. There are a lots of things you can do make the process as trouble-free as possible.
We are at E-Movers providing the helpful tips for easing the relocation and keeping your pets safe during the move. For many relocating families, the most precious shipment is their household pet. Our experts understand the needs of each and every pet and work hard to make sure the animal’s care and comfort throughout transit.
Below listed a few tips for easing the transition
– Make sure your pet is wearing a sturdy collar having your current contact information as a tag that should include your destination location, telephone number, etc.
– Feed your pet a very small breakfast on moving day to reduce stomach upset. It is better to avoid anything to drink within 4 hours of departure.
– Make sure that your pet goes to the toilet before it travel, your pet get accustomed to the kennel before it travels even if it has travelled in it earlier.
– First aid is not a substitute for emergency veterinary care, but being prepared and knowing basic first aid could save your pet’s life.
– Do not leave chewable toys inside the transport kennel
– Upon your arrival at your new home, to avoid frightened and confused in new surroundings, immediately set out all the familiar and necessary things your pet need – food, water, medications, bed, litter box, toys, etc. Pack these items in a handy spot so they can be unpacked right away.
– Keep all external windows and doors closed when your pet is unsupervised, and be cautious of narrow gaps behind or between appliances where nervous pets may try to hide. As your old home is nearby by, your pet may try to find a way back to old home. Five days is usually enough for your pet to adjust to the kennel environment.
– When traveling by air, check with the airline about any pet requirements or restrictions to be sure you’ve prepared your pet for a safe trip. Some airlines will allow pets in the cabin, depending on the animal’s size.
– Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle as temperatures can become very hot or unsafely cold for your pet.
– Don’t keep your pet in the cargo area of a moving truck. Items may shift and fall on the carrier. The temperature may be unregulated and it is very unsafe.
– Don’t allow your pet to roam free in a car, which can be dangerous to the pet if you are in an accident. It can also be a disturbance to the driver.
Another very important thing is to ensure that the new place is pet-friendly. It has to be in taken care before you make the decision to move. Our experts also provide you important instructions and guidelines during the move.
E-Movers offers home and office relocation, furniture installation, international relocation, and storage services throughout UAE.